Join The Education Trust in Tennessee and the Tennessee Educators of Color Alliance for the release of their new report: “Represented: Increasing Teacher Diversity in Tennessee’s Educator Preparation Providers.”
As of 2021, the Tennessee public school student population was three times as diverse as its teacher population. Tennessee’s educator preparation programs are the primary path that aspiring teachers take to enter the profession, and there are ways these programs can increase the diversity of their aspiring teachers.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Candice McQueen, President of Lipscomb University
- Dr. Jason Grissom, Faculty Director at the Tennessee Education Research Alliance and the Patricia and Rodes Hart Professor of Public Policy and Education at Vanderbilt University
- Dr. Diarese George, Executive Director, Tennessee Educators of Color Alliance
- Sara Morrison, Executive Director of the Tennessee State Board of Education
- Laura Delgado, Program Director of Pionero Scholars, College of Education, Lipscomb University
- TN State Representative Harold M. Love, Jr., Ph.D.
- Current students enrolled in teacher preparation programs in Tennessee.
The event is free and open to the general public. RSVP required. Light breakfast and coffee provided.
Lipscomb University, Ezell Building, Rm. 301