Session 6 of 7 will provide attendees an opportunity to hear from advocates and leaders in other states about their ability to change their funding formula. We’ll discuss what worked, what failed, and how public will was changed in order to achieve change. We’ll also examine the impact of litigation and court-ordered funding reform on state funding formulas.
- Chris Candelaria, Assistant Professor of Public Policy and Education, Peabody College of Vanderbilt University
- Subira Gordon, Executive Director, ConnCan
- Sanford Johnson, TeachPlus, Mississippi
- Riley Kitts, Colorado Children’s Campaign, Colorado
- Gini Pupo-Walker, State Director, The Education Trust in Tennessee
- Zahava Stadler, Special Assistant for State Funding and Policy, The Education Trust